Monday, April 28, 2008

Please Maa...just once...

It was when I was in 6th or may be 7th grade..We were having some function in our house.. so invited many relatives and friends..

It was about 10 in the morning, "Maa, please ...just once..i also want to soften my hair..please.. ", i said.

"No, you are not gonna use conditioner...now go and take shower. Everyone is about to come and you are still not ready", said Maa. This was not the first time that i asked her permission for using conditioner. Perhaps she considered me too young for using conditioner that time.

Well, I really wanted to use the hair conditioner...so i used it this time..

And at that time I was so foolish, i didn't know that a hair conditioner doesn't produce lather..

After shampooing my hair, i put the conditioner...well..as you would have expected...
I got completely terrified within few minutes because it didn't produce lather..

I kept massaging ... no ..actually rubbing my head for 10-15 minutes..hoping that it
might be because of hard water and conditioner has less detergent...so I should try rubbing more..

One thought kept coming in my mind again and again..what if i lose my hair...aaila..completely BALD.. I was completely terrified.
I couldn't tell this this to Maa at that time..because she was already angry with me..and was
busy organizing things.

After few minutes, when nothing happened, i decided to wash my hair with water and shampoo them again..


I was so horrified that while washing them with water, i didn't notice that my hair had actually become quite soft...

But, I shampooed them.. and came out with even more frizzed hair.

After few years; 3 or 4 years, i get to read what is written on the conditioner bottle.. "It doesn't produce lather". It took me so long to read about it because after that day i never tried to even look at conditioners again.

Well...I learned something very important that day...no..no..not that we should obey our parents...but that one should always read about things before using them...

And till today...whenever we get something new...i am the last one to try it ... because when everybody at home tries it..i read its manual...

Now I never miss to read preface or foreword of books..even textbooks; instruction manual of new electric kettle, new cell phone... and that's the reason why Tarun says, "phone ki kitab nikal aur padhai kar le pehle.... dekh mat". I look stupid most of the times..but now that's how it is..

C'mon, you were supposed to laugh.
And please don't ask if I ever used any hair conditioner again after that.








20 comments:

Balu said...

IMpreSSIve...........looks peripheral but has enough depth to immerse oneself

Kriti said...

thanks, though i didn't get what you mean.. :)

Setu said...

Hmm.. i see that you can write well.
This is just your first post; I feel you can write much more than this.
Keep writing.

Cheers!

Kriti said...

thanks Setu :)

Unknown said...

hey Kriti...nicely written...
d thng which i lykd d most is ur Memory..i mean if 1 can keep track of such small thngs...n most importantly learning 4m little little thngs that happen in daily lyf really need somethng..that u have...


:-):-)


hey to b v honest..4 d 1st tym ven i applied conditioner....same happened to me :-P

Tushar Mangl said...

Hey that was cute
;-)

VT said...

Lovely, It was so nice of you to write something like this.


Though it took 3 years you got to learn something from it..most ppl dont have enough time to read thru all of tht and keep trying new things in life and later realize tht it was bad.. :)


A manual is always good beforehand and also you can sue the firm if there are side affects later on.. what say?


Most ppl may think you are too slow but hold on they are actually foolish to think so..Read before you use somethhing..thats the funda

Good post..enjoyed reading..


Regards,
Varghese Thomas

Karthik said...

nice post...but don use shampoo too much...i'm not a beautician for heavens sake but it was just a piece of advice..

Admin said...

Wow!!

I loved reading it!!

excellent...i was imagining this incident!!

Keep writing such things!

Anonymous said...

nice post, enjoy reading.

Vinayak said...

nice post
nice blog
keep blogging

The Solitary Writer said...

impresssive post


good writing

well since u r a starter ,i guess u can write more better than this

keep writing

Chethan said...

A very hatke topic which u dont come across very often... nice blog..

Adijo said...

awesome post! nicely written..!!

keep blogging! the write up is such that u cant get ur ees off!

we dont have an emergency exit in out lab :(

Anonymous said...

ok i m laughin !

Saurabh said...

thts why they always say go to the depth.infact even the first time i used conditioner even i thought so and i used it before shampooing my hairs..

dont wrry u have company here

Saurabh said...

hiii

purvi said...

hEy v DOnno eACh otHR..Bt Wt u VE noTeD dOwN Is ApPReCiAbLE...GUD ONE..

Unknown said...

Hello.....its really a superb n well expressed....u no even i faced same sit'n but never dared to express...good 1

Unknown said...

Hello.....its really a superb n well expressed....u no even i faced same sit'n but never dared to express...good 1